Rebrand GC as "automatic memory leak detection and cleanup"

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:55:47 UTC 2021

On Monday, 12 April 2021 at 22:47:29 UTC, James Lu wrote:

> If we rename garbage collection to "automatic memory leak
> detection and cleanup." For people who write realtime
> applications, that's what it is. D is garbage collected in the
> sense that it's available as an option.

Static pages and AJAX made a comeback with JAMStack (JavaScript,
APIs, and Markup), "The modern way to build Websites and Apps
that delivers better performance."

You could imagine something similar. "It keeps programs that do
have leaks correct, all the while having zero overhead for
programs without leaks."