WinDbg

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Apr 18 14:14:53 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 09:14:58 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 April 2021 at 21:40:33 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

>>> I've used regular windbg64 from windows10 sdk. version
>>> 10.0.19041.685
>>
>> Yes, I did get the regular version to work. But I wanted the
>> preview version. But now it works 😁
>
> With this working, there should be no one saying we don't have
> good debuggers for Windows.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinDbg
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugging-using-windbg-preview

I tried WinDbg preview a few days ago. I am not really sure, I
needed to press the buttons for "step in" "step over"... always
three times.
Actually I am not sure whether there is some functional issue or
the performance is really bad (high end developer laptop).
Did someone else experience this issue or had maybe a smooth
experience?

(Maybe this issue is occurring due to McAfee virus scanner?)

Kind regards
Andre