WinDbg

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Apr 19 15:24:24 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 14:14:53 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 09:14:58 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

>>> Yes, I did get the regular version to work. But I wanted the
>>> preview version. But now it works 😁
>>
>> With this working, there should be no one saying we don't have
>> good debuggers for Windows.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinDbg
>>
>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugging-using-windbg-preview
>
> I tried WinDbg preview a few days ago. I am not really sure, I
> needed to press the buttons for "step in" "step over"... always
> three times.
> Actually I am not sure whether there is some functional issue
> or the performance is really bad (high end developer laptop).
> Did someone else experience this issue or had maybe a smooth
> experience?
>
> (Maybe this issue is occurring due to McAfee virus scanner?)
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

I had a deeper look, actually there is neither a functional nor a
performance problem. The debugger steps into DRuntime/photos
coding but as the source code is not available, it looks quite
strange for beginners.

So far I haven't found out how to add the DRuntime/photos source
code to WinDbg.

Kind regards
Andre