Tasks, actors and garbage collection

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:47:32 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 09:23:06 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> None of the examples I gave use the pre-historic Boehm
> collector.

That doesn't change the fact that D's current default collector
is comparable to Boehm.

I don't know anything about C++/CX, but wikipedia says:

«A WinRT object is reference counted and thus handles similarly
to ordinary C++ objects enclosed in shared_ptrs. An object will
be deleted when there are no remaining references that lead to it.

There is no garbage collection involved.»

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B/CX