GNU Make fork with D support

Brian bcallah at openbsd.org
Fri Apr 23 12:34:09 UTC 2021

Hello --

Some of the long tail of the dis/assembler thread got me thinking
about D tooling, or, more precisely, external tools that could
help aid D usage in other projects.

I stumbled upon this page in the wiki:
https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_systems

And noticed that the only thing that provides plain ol' Makefiles
is Reggae. But that is listed as alpha software.

So I went ahead and added D support to GNU Make:
https://github.com/ibara/gmake-d
I am unsure how welcoming such a change would be to upstream, but
this is an entirely vanilla GNU Make just a few additions (the
file dlang.diff in the repo will tell you all the changes
needed). Clone, build, install, and away you go.

~Brian