Tasks, actors and garbage collection

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 17:33:06 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 25 April 2021 at 09:48:15 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 21:47:10 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 16:28:46 UTC, russhy wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> U can take the gc away from me from my dead cold hands.
>>
>> -Alex
>
> The GC will remain, but could be improved.

That is a very very very very very bad decision

That is one of the reason i decide to stay away from std and
stick to core.stdc, and that is what i recommend everytime i
mention D to people

That is also one of the reason i limit D for my new projects and
keep an eye for new languages that focuses on allocators first

Stay the hell out of std, and stay the hell out of the GC, if you
want to get started with D

Mistakes mistakes mistakes, that is what people do, bloat bloat
bloat, they is what people do

And as expected, the top level people remains silent, they let
some people destroy this beautiful language that is D

Ignoring decade of complains about the GC, and saying after
decades "we need to improve the GC", as if nobody made the
complain

Blind, refuse to listen to feedback, that's what D foundation

Lack of public roadmap is the evidence of everything

Leadership? where?

C'mon Walter, Atila, Andrei, let us know what do you think about
the GC story?

You are responsible of it, c'mon react!

You guys are chasing Java, Go ate your cake with better GC

Now you figured you'd also chase C++, but Rust ate your cake too

Now you figured you should stick to chasing Java, with a shitty
GC that doesn't scale

Without even tooling to analyses heap memory sanely, something at
least Java provides out of the box

"the gc will remain", but not D