Where to look for people for a D project?

Guillaume Piolat first.name at spam.org
Mon Apr 26 11:10:40 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 20:58:30 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> Here's this project of mine, which is a game engine:
>
> https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/pixelperfectengine
>
> Unfortunately both the project grew to a scope where it's quite
> hard to maintain by a single person (especially since I have a
> full time job), and became more modular thus easier to maintain
> by multiple people. I would like to have at least one tester,
> but if there's someone with more capabilities that would be
> even better.
>
> I cannot offer much in return, which makes things even harder,
> since I cannot just hire someone to do the dirty work for me.
> Even if it's really easy to learn the D language after some
> experience with any other curly-bracket language, people fear
> from new things, especially from having to write multiple
> languages onto their resume (which is said to be a bad omen in
> Hungary).
>
> I'll post on social media, maybe I'll get some, but I'm also
> accepting tips from others.

Hello,

I think a lot of people want to do games in D (or whatever) and
just need the extra-mile in documentation, ease of setup and
tutorials.
For example, in its time Dgame had a bit of users flowing in
because it actually wanted them, with a friendly website and
documentation. Was Dgame really usable? this doesn't matter, it
was the only thing that existed because of documentation.
You've spent lots of time and effort on your UI so it would make
sense to follow the narrative "want to make games with D? use
this".