Popularity of Phobos modules/packages

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:05:33 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 28 April 2021 at 14:00:13 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 19:54:08 UTC, Berni44 wrote:
>> I wondered about the popularity of Phobos' modules and used a
>> search on GitHub to get a first idea:
>>
>> I used searches like this:
>> `https://github.com/search?l=D&q=std.magic&type=Code`
>
> Did you constrain it by date?
>
> https://github.com/search?q=language%3AD&type=Repositories
> https://github.com/search?q=created%3A%3C2019+language%3AD&type=Repositories
>
> Gives 7554 repos of which 6657 repos were created before 2019.
>
> So basically 88% of all D-repos are old.

Maybe created is not so good, perhaps better to use pushed:

https://github.com/search?q=pushed%3A%3E2019-04-28+language%3AD&type=Repositories&ref=advsearch&l=D&l=

Which gives 1131 repos, so 15% of the github repos were pushed to
in the past year, so 85% are more or less dead?