[your code here]

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 17:04:20 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 29 April 2021 at 15:53:43 UTC, Berni44 wrote:
> I fear that new users might already be swamped with functional
> style and won't understand what's going on here. (But nice
> anyway.)

I think the range-based functional style of D is overrepresented.

When I first landed on the homepage, I saw the "Sort lines"
example which scared me off. It looked totally unfamiliar, I
thought D was more akin to Scala/Haskell than the Java/C-like
languages I was most familiar with. Only later did I figure out
that D really is a newer C/C++ like the name implies, and the
range programming is just Phobos acting on top of it.

In all the examples, there is not a single
`if`/`do`/`while`/`for` statement, not a single `class` or
`interface` declaration, and only 1 `struct` declaration. I think
it wouldn't hurt to have examples showing boring/traditional code
in D syntax in addition to the fancy, 'code-golfy' programs.