Modern C++ Won't Save Us

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 15:47:19 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 12:50:17 UTC, throway wrote:
> please do not say that out loud, in every aspect c++ templates
> to d is horse to a ufo where your task is intergalactic travel.

Ok? I guess I just have to take your word for it, but it doesn't
make me any wiser.

I think they are mostly the same and use mostly the same
mechanisms, some differences, but whether one approach is better
than the other depends on what you are trying to do. My opinion.

> and i am sure the trend will continue no matter the version,
> c++999 will probably be at where d is now.

I think C++20/23 is moving in a different direction than D and I
don't think D should follow suit, but rather find its own
strengths.