Modern C++ Won't Save Us

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 17:41:31 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 17:20:35 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> What direction is that in your opinion? What I've seen so far
> is that C++ has copied several features from D, like modules
> and if constexpr.

There is a focus on "low level" concurrency building blocks, at
least that is my impression. I don't think they copied modules or
if constexpr, it is just that the adoption process in an ISO
process is very slow?

I think D should focus more on streamlining the low level and
make high level easier.  E.g. async/await, tasks, local GC, as
high level constructs, but allow the user to write their own
runtimes and schedulers. So the API has to be concise.