Modern C++ Won't Save Us

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:19:25 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 18:52:50 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> Can't find that project now, but I have another simple
> prototype, too bad it simply runs new thread, so this means
> actually no integration. No surprises then, no common API,
> nothing to agree upon on for different loops :/

Welcome to the dub ecosystem, where every library reinvents the
same abstractions since there's no standard baseline for
libraries to support; may not work across all platforms (esp
Windows); probably has deficiencies for common/specific use
cases, and probably hasn't been updated within the last 2 years,
and so newer libraries reinvent the same abstractions since...
etc.

Basically feels like this XKCD when searching on dub:
https://xkcd.com/927/