Do you use D's GC?

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Aug 2 18:23:20 UTC 2021

On Monday, 2 August 2021 at 18:10:03 UTC, Paulo Pnito wrote:

> It is more than enough for Flash like games, honestly plenty of
> indies will never make it beyond that, so why bother for the
> ultimate weapon if they they on the first day on the
> battlefield?
>
> Don't dismiss languages on how well they can achieve Fortnight,
> when not even able to beat Stardew Valley or Bastion sales.

Depends on what you are aiming for, for smaller games GC is
probably enough. Let's not forget this interesting D conf seminar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjLW7anNfc

Where the solution was to disable the GC collecting. For people
who haven't seen it this could be interesting as it is the only
what I know of example where D is used in a high budget game.