What's the best IDE for D language programming?

jfondren julian.fondren at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:55:55 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 at 02:18:52 UTC, wang min wrote:
>  D language   seems to be very good programming language in a
> lot of ways, but my only problem with it is the amount of time
> wasted writing arguments to the compiler in the command line at
> the old fashion way. Is there any good IDE for D? Thanks in
> advance!

https://wiki.dlang.org/IDEs has some links. If you're already
using some popular IDE, you should look for a D plugin for it.

I generally just use vim with syntax highlighting and a single
keybinding to run dfmt for me. Despite not using an IDE, I don't
spend a lot of time writing arguments to the compiler, because I
use build systems to supply arguments to compilers. D has
https://dub.pm/getting_started which you should've gotten along
with a D compiler, and perhaps https://mesonbuild.com/ and, for
what it's worth, even makefiles can save a lot of time at the
commandline.

If you want a solid place to start instead of a lot of options,
go with VS Code and its D plugin, and use dub as your build
system. If you have any issues with VS Code you can join the
Discord at https://discord.gg/bMZk9Q4 (or if you don't like that,
a Matrix bridge gets you to a few of the same room, including the
editor one:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/kbhexxzmnsvzskjtjeqg@forum.dlang.org
)