Empty non-null Associative Arrays should be trivial or even the default.

Rekel paultjeadriaanse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:51:43 UTC 2021

Having to insert dummy variables into an associative array in
order to initialize it (and prevent foreach loops from throwing a
range violation error) seems very dirty to me. Why is there no
syntax for empty initialization?

Suddenly getting a nullpointer after removing a ~= in an entirely
different part of my code is 1 (VERY problematic) thing, but I'm
even more surprised by the possible 'fixes'. . . (which would be
either a useless insertion & removal procedure or a nullpointer
check I will never again need after initial steps.)

Is there any plan of resolving this issue? I'm shocked this is
even a thing at all.