Failed to link a 7 month old GTKD project

Ki Rill rill.ki at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 13:54:25 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 11:43:25 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I git-cloned and built with dub on ubuntu 20.04. DMD version
> 2.097.0. Linked, no errors.
>
> Not sure if it helps you, but it is a data point.
>
> Any time I've had errors like that, I've just removed my ~/.dub
> directory, and the one in the project and it seems to help
> clear it up.

Unfortunately, removing ~/.dub and .dub in the project's folder
did not help.

> Note that the linker error you are getting is from Phobos (you
> can use `ddemangle` command line tool to see the actual symbol
> name), so it seems like you could be compiling against one
> version of Phobos, and then linking against another? How do you
> install your compiler?

It is indeed from Phobos, it's the listdir function that is the
source of the problem here. But I cannot understand why it's the
problem. That function does compile on its own. It's when I put
it together with GTKD it refuses to compile. Hmm...

> I recommend [dvm](https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm) if you
> are using dmd.

This is a wonderful thing! How come I didn't hear about it before
this day...