[OT] Walter's anecdotes

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Fri Aug 6 08:04:38 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 17:46:22 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> Brian Tiffin asked in the thread [Do you use D's
> GC?](https://forum.dlang.org/post/gthgnueerizzgirfpmrt@forum.dlang.org) "Does anyone have a Walter's Wisdoms file?"
>
> Since I like reading Walter Bright's anecdotes and experiences
> from the past, I made a compilation of the ones I found on this
> forum. Enjoy!

thanks, I think there's another you have missed but unfortunately
I dont find where the source anymore.

It's about a lawyer who once rang at his door trying to make him
admit he stole some code or violated a patent or something like
that... then Walter adviced to people to take care in this case
of situation and to never admit anything because it can be some
simple traps. Maybe I've read this on HN.

Do you confirm you've experienced such a situation Walter ?