You are a stupid programmer, you can't have that

jfondren julian.fondren at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:49:06 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 8 August 2021 at 16:38:41 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 August 2021 at 16:15:00 UTC, Kyle Ingraham wrote:
>> Why the personal attack?
>
> That's directly addressing the argument, not a personal attack.
>
> Imagine going to a mechanic and saying "my car shakes and
> thumps" and getting the answer "just don't drive it then, no
> more shaking!"

Or rather, imagine going to a mechanic and saying "my engine
heats up and stops", and getting the answer "yep, I checked it
out and the radiator's busted. I replaced it for you. You won't
be having them heat-ups anymore." And then, because the mechanic
didn't go into sufficiently tedious detail to deflect
uncharitable criticism, you blow up at him: "why are you COVERING
UP the problem with my engine by replacing some random part?!"