You are a stupid programmer, you can't have that

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 19:24:43 UTC 2021

On 8/10/21 2:51 PM, Patrick Schluter wrote:

 > Primary school is where unsigned arithmetic is tought. :-)

I was surprised at how quickly my son learned negative numbers at
probably the age of 5 in less than 5 minutes. I am not exaggerating! I
only said: "You know the numbers and you know zero... Well, actually
there are the negative numbers on the other side too." (I used colored
domino pieces to represent those three kinds.) That was it! :)

I would show off to my friends by asking my son:

-- "Let's say we are reading a book with copyright 2009. How old *were*
you when that book was published?"

After thinking 2 seconds:

-- "Negative 4!"

:)