Implementing serialisation with minmal boilerplate and template overhead using core.reflect

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 15 14:21:00 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 15 August 2021 at 12:27:44 UTC, drug wrote:

> I'm impressed by your work. But I have one question - when
> ordinary people like me can be able to use all these amazing
> things you did? Iterating over aggregate members considering
> their type, attributes and runtime value is so often in my
> practice that I'm really interesting in your core.reflect but I
> can use only official compiler w/o any customization.

I have to write a DIP and have it approved.

I am already starting as this one is much simpler than the type
function project.
Essentially the changes to the core language spec is just a few
lines.

I suspect the runtime documentation will be more challenging.
But for that at least I have already specified a data-structure
of there is not much variability to take into account.

I cannot give a definitive timeline but I would hope for this to
go in before 2022 is over.