status of "isComplex" in traits ?? (we have isFloatingPoint, for example)

james.p.leblanc james.p.leblanc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:22:31 UTC 2021

Dear All,

We indeed have **"isFloatingPoint"**, and **"isIntegral"** in
std.traits.

But, what is the status/thinking about having **"isComplex"**
included
in std.traits (... or ... potentially std.complex ??).

I ask because, there are recommendations that we should start
using
Complex!double, Complex!float ... so perhaps this is a good time
for a
formal home for "isComplex" ??

There is a discussion here: https://wiki.dlang.org/Is_expression .

Also, a different version is found in the
mir-core-master/source/mir/internal/utility.d
(with a dependency on enum "hasField" in file
source/mir/reflection.d

I also see some evidence of something similar in rt/core ... but
is was
unclear to me.

Thoughts?

Regards,
James

PS  Apologies in advance if this is the improper place for my
post.
Just redirect me to proper place and I'll learn.