How can one reliably run unittests

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:11:24 UTC 2021

On 8/25/21 3:50 AM, Mathias LANG wrote:
> Personally, I'd like my unittest binary to generate something that has a
> much better UX than what's currently in druntime. You know, timing
> statistics, colors, ability to run a single test, the whole thing.

You can get almost all that via registering a [unittest handler
function](https://dlang.org/phobos/core_runtime.html#.Runtime.extendedModuleUnitTester).
The only thing that isn't provided is running individual tests, but that
is a compiler issue (the compiler combines all unittests in a module
into one callable).

> I'm aware that there are frameworks out there, but it needs to be built-in.

Disagree. I'm fine with the simple unittest experience, and avoiding
putting all this kind of bloat into the runtime.

-Steve