[OffTopic] A vulnerability postmortem on Network Security Services

Greg Strong mageofmaple at protonmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:09:56 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 03:23:07 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> Quite literally one small change, no function body? @system and
> we would have supported the DIP.
>
> Nobody has stepped up to make an amended DIP however.

I do not entirely understand this reply.  It seems that you are
saying that this would have happened - with support from Walter -
had a little more paperwork been done.  Can you confirm?

I don't really know how to submit a DIP but I will figure it out
if that is really all that is needed.  But I'm skeptical ... I've
read these forms long enough to know that people generally don't
put in the effort to work through the red tape because,
frequently, that is done and the proposal winds up being killed
anyway.

I'm willing to help out, provided either (A) the proposal cannot
be unilaterally killed by Walter, or (B) he personally confirms
that he is on board.