How to convert C to D using compiler?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Wed Dec 8 12:05:16 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 8 December 2021 at 09:23:41 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 December 2021 at 16:43:21 UTC, ManKey wrote:
>> I tried this
>> ```
>> ldc2 test.i -mixin="test.d"
>> ```
>> but the test.d file is empty :(
>
> - you can do it by hand
> - or instead you can wait a few years that ImportC becomes
> workable :)

It'll probably be dropped for the next big feature before being
finished, just like everything else in D. Nothing is ever
completed or workable. Only ever a subset works.

Not to be pessimistic but there's literally no ground-breaking
feature in D that has been finished yet.

Everything is only finished half-way through and doesn't work
properly - referring to nogc, safe, shared, betterC, the many
phobos modules under experimental.

D has this mentality that it's better to start something new and
exciting, than fixing up/finishing what we have.

So yeah, never wait for something to be completed in D, always
expect what you have now is what you have in a couple of years,
except for that you can be guaranteed a tons of new half-finished
features will be added along with a handful of new attributes
that nobody really understands.