[OT] C# can do all the interpolated strings now

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:30:28 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 16:02:19 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 15:55:42 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> You can fix this with implicit conversion to string, but it
>> makes for weaker typing:
>
> This has been discussed over many years.
>
> If you haven't read the previous DIPs and those too,

I read the current DIP, I read some of the other DIPs a long time
ago, no need to feel offended.

I would not recommend weaker typing, as it would be trivial to
get stronger typing by simply supporting ```f"this $will become a
string"``` and ```i"this $will become a list"```.

But if one is hellbent on having the DIP as stated you end up
with something that is very unfriendly to newbies.

It does not make the language more accessible. As enthusiasts you
need to think a little bit further than your own perception of
"good".