[OT] C# can do all the interpolated strings now

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:30:41 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 16:24:12 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Template_literals
>
> This approach has proven extremely useful in many contexts. I'm
> not sure why this is frowned upon.

This approach is virtually identical to the dip in substance. The
only difference is in syntax.

In Javascript, it is a magic function call syntax. The D proposal
is to use standard function call syntax, which fits D better
since we have two kinds of "function calls" - template arguments
and run-time arguments. Reusing existing syntax lets us use this
in both cases without any special rules.

But both pass similar data and have similar results.

The Javascript approach is good evidence that this separation of
data and strings is desirable and useful.