String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:39:57 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 21:06:11 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> We had an argument on the discord about the
> [YAIDIP](https://github.com/John-Colvin/YAIDIP) proposal and a
> simpler syntax form `identifier""` based on Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad's proposal, and similar to JavaScript's template string
> syntax.

It is nice to see that you are thinking of ways to make this more
user (newbie) friendly. What you propose isn't what I suggested
though, but that is fine.

(I suggested something more generic which would be similar to
what you would do to support user-provided literals like
```100kg```, ```3.14rad```, ```100USD```  and where you would
validate syntax and extract parameters in a customized way (think
regexp), but there are many ways to Rome. :-)