String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 22:39:13 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 22:17:14 UTC, forkit wrote:
> IMO .. they are a completely unnecessary, additional cognitive
> load - as now you have to deal with the possibility of code
> having both composite AND interpolated strings.

I understand your viewpoint, but imagine if you actually had a
formal grammar describing all legal strings for a particular
interpolated string type.

That would allow you to get high quality IDE support where you
would get autocompletion, suggestions and early identification of
spelling errors. Such tooling is reducing cognitive load and
saving time.