[OT] C# can do all the interpolated strings now

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 02:10:18 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 01:00:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Which comma? there are commas in the string too. You have to
> parse the string first to find the right comma.

The first comma after the string. I don't even think. My brain
takes me straight there, automatically (seemingly without parsing
the string).

Whatever thinking my brain does, it is not apparent to me ;-)

> So you just ignore the string? What if there are parameter
> mismatches?
>
> -Steve

That's an extra task to be undertaken, if needed.

e.g. say you have to change one or more of your parameter names
(but don't need to change their order). Well, it's much easier
NOT to be forced to parse an entire interpolated string.

There are pro's and con's, I accept that. But having done without
interpolated strings, for decades, I don't see the point of
introducing them, and then having to deal with TWO different ways
to achieve the exact same outcome.