String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Tue Dec 14 12:29:57 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 11:14:03 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 09:50:15 UTC, bauss wrote:
>
>> It's ultimately D's downfall that features are too complex.
>
> Is d as complex as `C++`?

There are around 90 keywords in C++ 20, from which 11 are
alternative names for operators. There are rare cases when a
keyword in C++ can have  a different meaning depending of the
context.

We have 100 keywords in D and many of them have multiple meanings
(scope, static, if, is, in, out, const, do, enum, return)

C++ is not necessary a complex language, STL usage and associated
idioms makes it complex. If you look at some C++ code before
Stepanov stepped in, it looks really nice and comprehensible :)