VRP and signed <-> unsigned conversion

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 00:25:48 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 15 December 2021 at 18:43:38 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> However, it's quite painful to have to cast everything with
> integers that are smaller than 32-bit ints, so VRP is used to
> assist in making sure you don't have to cast if the compiler
> can prove the value fits.

  Using GDC (64bit) and working on my Reed Solomon codes, i'm
finding the default of long throws me off when i was using ints;
So everything smaller than 64bit (Which is everything) has to be
cast. I'm starting to default to size_t for everything to make it
go away without a ton of ugly casting, except in a handful of
places that need manual byte conversions.