[OT] C# can do all the interpolated strings now

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Fri Dec 17 09:42:30 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 14:49:42 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 14:24:44 UTC, Bruce Carneal
> wrote:
>> Given Adam's considerable assistance to beginners in Discord
>> and elsewhere, perhaps more than anyone else in the forums, I
>> find this a wildly inaccurate comment as well.
>
> He was dismissive when I pointed out that this DIP not be ideal
> for newbies,

DIP's are not supposed to be for newbies. They are destined at
the language implementers and advanced users to detect issues and
solutions to the problems. They are not tutorials and should not
cater to beginners.

> he took a pro-enthusiast stance. That's ok, but that is a
> pattern in the evolution of D that makes the language less
> accessible. It is driven by the most enthusiastic crowd.

Strange argument. It is like a car manufacturer would scold their
engineers that their development plans cannot be read by an
apprentice mechanic.