New Linker Mold Version 1.0 released [1] expieriences?

Luís Ferreira contact at lsferreira.net
Sat Dec 25 02:41:46 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-12-21 at 13:01 +0000, Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-
d wrote:
> Just want to ask if anybody is using mold as an replacement for
> GNU gold or an other linker?
>
> [Mold on Github](https://github.com/rui314/mold)
>
> [1]
> https://www.heise.de/news/Linux-Linker-Alternative-Mold-will-schneller-sein-als-GNU-Gold-und-lld-von-LLVM-6302178.html

Seems a good project to try out, but I recently discovered that LLD is
speedy and stable on huge projects. It could also be a blocker for some
due to lack of LTO support.

- gold for GCC+LTO bytecode
- lld for pretty much anything else

For now LLD only supports Itanium or plain C mangled names, but I'm
going to soon add a patch to LLD to make it use of the D demangler and
print pritty names for D symbols :)

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net