Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Dec 29 05:13:55 UTC 2021

On 11/14/2021 3:05 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> Another issue is that it slightly expands
> `alias this` and I am not sure whether that's a direction Walter is willing to
> invest in at this point.

`alias this` suffers from being under-specified. In an attempt to fix that, I
discovered it runs smack into multiple inheritance land, something I've tried to
avoid. Worse, its implementation does a half-baked job of multiple inheritance,
and backwards compatibility interferes with fixing it.

To move forward with it, it would have to be abandoned in its current form and
completely redesigned.