Right way to show numbers in binary/hex/octal in your opinion?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Thu Dec 30 17:20:32 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 30 December 2021 at 14:12:23 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> And before 64bit registers we had (and still do) emulation for
> that as well.

Yeah, of course! This is how 32-bit computers can use 64-bit
types (and even bigger) as well

> All this talk is irrelevant, just add fixed point types and you
> can have whatever precision you want.
>
> This also solves the issue with money. So it is a pretty
> compelling solution.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I don't like the
idea. It's actually the really opposite. However, I'm really
interested about how stable and productive ready it is.