Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:00:54 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 31 January 2021 at 15:54:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> I think we're going to end up with something like this. The
> more I think about it, the more I feel that having a primary
> type be the tuple is required.
>
> [snip]

Good. Remember though - you still have to do something to the
`mixin(i"...")` case Backus warned about. My suggestion about the
user manually selecting the type is one option, but not the only
one. Perhaps mixins can be special case to invoke `idup` if any
of their arguments are instanced from `interp`.