Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:10:57 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 10:33:08 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the discussion thread for the second round of Community
> Review of DIP 1036, "String Interpolation Tuple Literals":

The whole "${}" thing is too verbose, it reminds me of the
JavaScript variant which is basically no easier to read than
concatenation.  Python got it mostly right...

But I think D should reject superfluous features like this that
has very limited benefits. The compiler should be made simpler,
and deal with things like memory and type system before more code
is added.