Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:34:37 UTC 2021

On 2/4/21 11:15 AM, Meta wrote:
> However, if you want a tuple sequence as described in the DIP, you can
> simply call a (probably compiler-supplied) helper method; maybe it
> doesn't even have to be new: why not .tupleof?

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of this. This makes things a bit
easier to reason about, because now we have a way to explicitly form a
string and a way to explicitly form a tuple. I just tested, and
"string".tupleof is an error, so that fits perfectly.

I have to confer with my partner in crime, but thank you for this
nugget, and I really like the direction with the discussion here.

-Steve