Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:05:47 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 February 2021 at 05:12:17 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 February 2021 at 21:06:49 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Thursday, 4 February 2021 at 19:57:22 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
>>> Discord is external and cannot be Google searched. A DIP
>>> discussion should be archived for reference. How would I cite
>>> a Discord message in a DIP? How would I know it exists?
>>>
>>> TL:DR: No.
>>
>> You missed my @everyone. It was general information.
>
> @everyone: This is way off topic. Please keep the discussion
> focused on the contents of the DIP. Thank!

I wouldn't really say it's off topic if it discusses something
strongly related to the topic. But I get your point.

What I was trying to say was that some *parts* of a discussion
*can* happen in other places, like IRC, Discord, voice chat, afk
etc.

Actually, this reminds me of what happened yesterday. Was walking
down the street minding my own business, when a stranger came up
to me and said "Hey dude, have you heard about that 1036, it's
pretty cool". I was just about to answer when I heard sirens 🚨
and I'm like wtf is happening, *police/MI6? jumps out* "hold it
right there!!" *draws weapon* 😱

The dude said "I was just talking about that DI.." *BOOM* he fell
to the ground... I rushed to him and he whispered "tell em son,
*cough* the hybrid approach *cough* won't work.." 🚑

I later heard Hu died on the way to the hospital...

Let this be a lesson to us all.., man, woman and child, to not
discuss a DIP anywhere but here 😔

Also you might think "Hu died" was a typo, no, his name was Hu,
and he died.

Let us all have a minute in silence for him. The hero. The legend
- Doctor Hu.