what is the state of property-functions?

Martin martin.brzenska at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:21:16 UTC 2021

I would like to point out that the documentation for
property-functions needs improvement:
https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#property-functions

Cool, this feature is what i just needed -> me, happy
Then i see the warning -> mental pain

This is a very unpleasant situation. Should i use it? Should i
not? How long is the Warning there already, is it still valid? -
a review is mentioned but no link to the process is given. This
telling me basically: There are property-functions, but there are
$kind_of_broken, you can use it - but maybe it will be removed
tomorrow.. or next year, or never. :)

TL;DR
The Documentation raises more questions than it answers.
What is the state of property-functions?