D for safety critical applications

lagfra me at fragal.eu
Tue Feb 9 23:59:32 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 February 2021 at 21:23:35 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> I would like to write a bounded model checker for D although I
> make no guarantees because it's one more mad idea for the list
> of many mad ideas I have.

I have been considering the feasibility of implementing a model
checker in D,
but a symbolic one, mainly because of the convenience of having
straightforward
control over the GC. I've built some tiny bits (an extremely basic
implementation of decision diagrams and a parser for Büchi
automata used in LTL
model checking).

It's a big project but IMHO it would be useful, if nothing else
as a
benchmarking tool with respect to other model checkers written in
different
languages (Java, C++) or different implementation choices (gc,
nogc).