Windows bindings

Elronnd elronnd at elronnd.net
Tue Feb 16 21:48:12 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 21:35:32 UTC, Elronnd wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 February 2021 at 00:32:30 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
>> 4) On RAIFree attribute
> struct RaiiFreer(T, alias f) ...

On Saturday, 13 February 2021 at 16:01:26 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Don't do this, because it will close on copying too.
>
> In order to *properly* implement this, it would need reference
> counting.

It's easy to get double frees with that solution--right.  Can
disable copy constructor, or make it a class.  I would go for the
former, as it's more flexible: if you need ref semantics, just
make a pointer or use phobos refcount.

I disagree that you _need_ refcounting to get it right, though.
Providing a destructor makes it a more native interface.
Manually destroying is something you would have had to do anyway,
but now you can destroy the object the same as you would any
other.