We need mentors for GSOC

Ahmet Sait nightmarex1337 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 23:37:56 UTC 2021

https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list page mentions:
> ...for an organization hoping for 4 or more students you should
> have at least 8-10 ideas...

We currently have 6 GSoC projects listed on the ideas page
https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Agsoc2021 which is rather low. Getting it to at least 8 would both increase our chances of being selected and give students a bit more leeway for their proposals if we do get selected.

So please consider mentoring if you have the time and knowledge
to lead one of the projects
(https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues), or you can propose
your own if you think it's missing.
A quick reminder is that GSoC this year is planned to be shorter
so the projects aimed for summer of code needs to account for
that. More on that here:
https://opensource.googleblog.com/2020/10/google-summer-of-code-2021-is-bringing.html

See also the GSoC announcement thread:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/dpmikdidvhjymcitnvmi@forum.dlang.org