The dmd backend should generate .pdb files for visual studio.

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Feb 21 11:39:29 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 09:57:42 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 01:14:57 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> We are talking about the pdb files being when compiling dmd
>> with dmd and not by ldc here. That the issue here. Run the
>> llvm-pdbutil for the pdb file generated when comping dmd and
>> you will see the problem.
>
> This *is* the DMD output dude...

Sorry, missed the '*compiling dmd* with dmd' part. Well, *you*
are *now* talking about that specific non-trivial project with a
lot of extern(C++). You started out with .pdb generation,
mentioning some DWARF-to-PDB conversion, ripping some 'ancient
CodeView' quote out of its -m32 context, then went on with
claiming that DMD wouldn't output any type debuginfos at all
etc., so you seemed to go in a completely wrong direction. Most
stuff is working as expected; what isn't ought to be analyzed and
fixed as with any other bugs and limitations.