DIP 1038: @nodiscard - Unofficial "post-final" review

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:03:40 UTC 2021

I've added a new section to DIP 1038 (@nodiscard) on "Design
Goals and Possible Alternatives".

Since it's a substantial addition (almost 50% of the DIP's
original length), Mike Parker, the DIP Manager, has graciously
allowed me to postpone formal assessment to give the community a
chance to look it over, and point out any silly mistakes I may
have made.

If you'd like to help @nodiscard succeed, I hope you'll give the
revised version a read and reply to this thread with any
questions or feedback you may have, especially regarding the new
section. You can also reach out to me on the dlang slack or the D
community Discord if you'd prefer.

Revised DIP 1038:
https://github.com/pbackus/DIPs/blob/dip1038-final-revisions/DIPs/DIP1038.md

Direct link to new section: