Gtkd and Gtk4

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Sun Jan 3 10:48:45 UTC 2021

On 02-01-2021 09:19, RSY wrote:
 > On Saturday, 2 January 2021 at 06:36:48 UTC, Alireza SN wrote:
 >> On Saturday, 2 January 2021 at 04:54:15 UTC, RSY wrote:
 >>> D binding seems to be already generated
 >>>
 >>> Have you tried to just rerun the generator with gtk4 source?
 >>
 >> There are only GTK3 bindings in 'generated' folder. I tried changing
 >> lookup files to generate GTK4 bindings, but it shows a ton of errors.
 >> I spent a couple of days debugging it, but I had no success at all.
 >>
 >> There is also a pull request, but it's one year old and a lot of stuff
 >> has changed since. I tried that too, didn't work.
 >
 > so the generator needs to be updated, i'll take a look later today
 >
 > https://github.com/gtkd-developers/gir-to-d/

I'm a bit to busy with work, but i definetly want to get gtk4 in gtkD.

Whit the current HEAD of gir-to-d the following runs without error, but
i haven't checked the generated code:

```
girtod -i Gtk-4.0.gir
girtod -i Gsk-4.0.gir
girtod -i Gdk-4.0.gir
```

That would get you a generated binding in ./out for the  libraries that
make up Gtk4 without it's dependencies so you would need the rest of
GtkD to compile it.

--
Mike Wey