Gtkd and Gtk4

Alireza SN alireza6677 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:08:02 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 3 January 2021 at 10:48:45 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> I'm a bit to busy with work, but i definetly want to get gtk4
> in gtkD.
>
> Whit the current HEAD of gir-to-d the following runs without
> error, but i haven't checked the generated code:
>
> ```
> girtod -i Gtk-4.0.gir
> girtod -i Gsk-4.0.gir
> girtod -i Gdk-4.0.gir
> ```
>
> That would get you a generated binding in ./out for the
> libraries that make up Gtk4 without it's dependencies so you
> would need the rest of GtkD to compile it.

Thanks.

I was able to generate the bindings. After adding them to other
GtkD bindings and trying to build a simple app, it showed a lot
of errors again. So I spent a couple of hours commenting and
changing the generated code to finally make it compile. Then I
faced a linker error with LDC. I switched to DMD, and it compiled
and linked the code without any errors. But now running the code
results in a SIGSEGV error :)

It was a good start. 👍