Only want to say

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Tue Jan 5 13:05:30 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 11:46:06 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
> On Monday, 4 January 2021 at 12:51:57 UTC, ddcovery wrote:
>> In summary:  D is a productive great language and I'm sure I
>> will increase it's use next months.
>
> That D is productive and fun to write while being suitable for
> low-level and high-perf applications to scripting tasks, is its
> main selling point to me as well.
>
> But I think we're falling behind by trying to copy the success
> of languages instead of concentrating on our core strength.
>
> Tuples, named arguments, string interpolation > @live

Yes, tuples are a core strength of D, but the syntax is not
great. My hope is with the tuple dip we will be able to have a
python like syntax:

(Python numpy example)
arr = numpy.array([('a', 0), ('b', 1)])

My gut feeling is, we will be able to compete with numpy if we
can provide tuple syntax as python can provide.

Also named arguments is really important here, fortunately there
is already someone working on the implementation of the approved
dip.

Kind regards
Andre