Development of dmd on windows is painfull.

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Tue Jan 5 16:13:30 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 14:09:02 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 04:20:57 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 03:39:01 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>>> I am using the visual studio project from rainer for dmd
>>> development and I am struggling to get run.d to run one test
>>> instead of all of them, without modifying the run.d file. I
>>> have talk to other on discord and they seemed to agree with
>>> me.
>>>
>>> -Alex
>>
>> How about using an external tool [1] and check the "Prompt for
>> arguments" option ?
>> The argument will be the test to run.
>>
>> [1] :
>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/managing-external-tools?view=vs-2019
>
> Have you try it and have it running on your machine?
>
> -Alex

I'm on linux but this work similarly.
First goes into the test folder and build the runner

    $ rdmd --build-only run.d

Then setup the tool

Command: run.exe
Arguments: <leave empty>
Initial Directory: <leave empty or select the folder where is
located run.exe>
and check "Prompt for Arguments"

then when you execute the tool you type the test name, incl. the
folder, for example "compilable/bug33.d"