Development of dmd on windows is painfull.

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Wed Jan 6 02:17:50 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 at 01:51:04 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 at 00:40:24 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:

>>> I'm on linux but this work similarly.
>>> First goes into the test folder and build the runner
>>>
>>>    $ rdmd --build-only run.d
>>>
>>> Then setup the tool
>>>
>>> Command: run.exe
>>> Arguments: <leave empty>
>>> Initial Directory: <leave empty or select the folder where is
>>> located run.exe>
>>> and check "Prompt for Arguments"
>>>
>>> then when you execute the tool you type the test name, incl.
>>> the folder, for example "compilable/bug33.d"
>>
>> I shouldn't have to run this via console in order to test
>> this. This is just plan ridiculous. There are developmental
>> virtual machines for windows that is free for software
>> development on windows. We should not be stuck forever in the
>> console era.
>
> I meant "...software development on linux" not windows.
> Regardless I had figure it out already and it is not an idea
> solution.

???

To avoid building manually run.d use directly rdmd as "Command",
then tweak the "Arguments" fields.

Command: rdmd.exe
Arguments: <path to>\run.d
Initial Directory: <path to run.d>

and check "Prompt for Arguments" and then in the prompt you type
the particular test to run. This step in unavoidable.